With the coronavirus cases spreading at a full speed, governments all over the world are forced to implement quarantine, enhanced quarantined, and total lockdown on their countries and territories. Suddenly, all people around the globe are staying inside the house with fear of being a victim of this virus. For two weeks now, self-isolation has become our way of life, which makes people, especially those inclined to outdoor activities depressed and bored.
To make the case sadder, just because you are at home does not mean you are at complete protection against the virus. While scientists are still debating about its nature; finding it out if it is airborne or not, one thing remains certain: you need to have regular cleaning even inside your house. To book a maid to do all the cleaning might be an ideal thing to do, but since the United States in a lockdown, hiring someone to come over would be near to impossibility. This is why you are left with no choice but to do the regular maintenance on your own and keep fumigating any surface which can be potential places for the virus to dwell.
We will give you some effective and simple tips to keep away from the influence of the virus.
1.Stat at home as long as possible
The best wat to avoid contact with the virus is to avoid going out, so it is better if you already have some groceries stick in your house to avoid getting out to buy food and important things.
Rules to stay safe:
- When you do not have a choice but to get some groceries, stay at least six feet away from other people in public.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue to avoid touching your face.
- Upon arriving home, wash your clothes with soap and hot water for 30 minutes to kill germs and viruses. Also, take a bath to ensure cleanliness on the body.
2. Keep your Home Corona-Free
One way to keep your house clean is regular disinfecting and cleaning. Cleaning and disinfecting are two different things, and both are needed to be executed in the house. The CDC has recommended some explanations for this:
- When you disinfect, you potentially kill pathogens, and not just removing them firm a surface
- Cleaning means removing contaminants from a surface
- Cleaning and disinfecting are needed especially when someone has gone out and returned, or someone has visited your house.
3. Pay attention to the high-touch surfaces
High-touch surfaces include your doorknobs, phone, faucets, table surfaces, light switches, game controllers, remote, toilets, bathroom counters, and other things that are always exposed to human touch.
All you need to do is clean and disinfect after. The EPA has a complete list of effective disinfectant that potentially kill the coronavirus and other viruses that can be harmful to you and your family.
Some disinfectants include hydrogen peroxide, Clorox, Lysol, isopropyl alcohol, and others. If you do not have the above-mentioned compounds, you can make your own by using bleach, water and a spray bottle. Mix the two ingredients, spray on the area, and wipe after leaving for 10 minutes.